EVENT RECAP || KANGA FASHION FESTIVAL

Happy New month Guys!

Welcome to March, thank God for these past two months, and by his grace we'll see the end of this year and many more.

Remember in this post when I said my weekend was very eventful?  Yeah it's high time I gave you the full gist! 😊



Sometime in January as I was scrolling through Twitter, I saw this tweet about how bloggers and designers were wanted for a particular event and so, I sent a DM to the person who then explained what Kanga Fashion Festival was all about. Apparently, the Kanga magazine had been in existence for quite a while and it was founded by two sisters who now have other creatives working with them.



Anyway, I reached out to my blogger friends here in Abuja, some of whom I met at the TBP's Bloggers Brunch last year and asked them if they knew about it and all of them asked me one question that really made me laugh, "how do you hear about all these things sef?". To cut the long story short, the Kanga Fashion Festival held at flaming flamingo, shashiga court on the with of February, the same place Style scenery held. That place is beautiful, no wonder it's so popular.

The event was scheduled to start by 3pm but I got there late because I was having my face beat to perfection😊😊 by the amazing mideymuaπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ lol .


On getting there, I met the two Kanga sisters; Amira and Aisha, and they were really receptive and nice. They even thanked me for helping to promote the event (I should probably take some PR courses or something), then I got an all access pass as well.πŸ˜‰ Great right?




The place was almost packed when I got there, shortly after they started the fashion show and designers like Fades0mi ( i really loved her designs!)were there, wadzz and of course quite a number of bloggers were in attendance. Bloggers like Bella of Iambrownie, Indianarose, who I had met before at the tbp brunch were in attendance but I also met new bloggers like Vanessa of Stylebyohaha who i must say was very cool. Funny thing is, I just started following her on Instagram that morning and when I saw her, it was as if we had known each other since. I also met larisa of Larisasdiary Another funny thing is I was sitting next to Haniifa and I didn't even know she was the one. There were a lot of familiar faces some of whom I approached, but there were also some others that it was after I saw their pictures on the gram that I realized that "oh so that's her!"

So, basically I think Abuja bloggers need to probably get together more often and link up once in a while for us to at least know each other well. I realized that when they say "Abuja bloggers"  there are only a few names and faces that pop up and honestly, you'd be surprised at how many we are here.

And of course my blogger boo, Sarah of Princessaudu was there and I have to say she was really amazing that day. From taking pictures to just moving from one place to another and making sure everyone was having a good time, she did good, great work hun! She literally came to drag me from my seat to come and take pictures and boy did she do justice to those pictures! Honestly I really appreciate it. (By the way, Leema, Salmah and Maureen where were you guys? πŸ˜‘)





Overall,I think the event was a good platform to network a little and just have fun!

What I wore
I'm starting to use the lingua of fashion bloggers😊 just because Sarah said I should try fashion blogging once in a while, truth is I just mightπŸ˜‰. But I digress.
For this event, I decided to step a little out of my comfort zone. So,I wore a cold shoulder top paired with blue pants and strappy sandals, as opposed to my usual conservative style. At the beginning I was feeling a little odd, but along the line, your girl was feeling badass! I got good compliments too, soπŸ’πŸ’πŸ’





Outfit details
Top - Debonnaire's Dairy ( shoutout to these guys for their prompt delivery and their very cute packaging, I loved it!)
Pants - Ayaba Official ( remember when i won it from the Grace Alex giveaway?)
Shoes - Payporte

That's how my top came😊

I mean, I think I did justice to this outfit if I do say so myself. Lol
So that's basically it guys, sorry for the epistle.😚

Over to You...
What do you think of events like this? Would you or would you not attend them? Do you like my outfit? I would love to know.

P.s- Style Perosnality for March is almost ready. Don't miss it!

Mide♡

Comments

  1. I really loved the designs by wadzzs. You looked good girl very fashion blogger looking lol. And aww thank you. Glad you like the pictures, hopefully we have more events like this soon.

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun😊😊😊
      Yes hopefully, it's very important.
      Thanks for reading hunπŸ’•

      Delete
  2. Your face was really beaten to perfection. And your outfit is everything. Good styling. I think you'd do fashion blogging lot of justice so go for it!
    Www.laitanbee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!πŸ˜† Thanks for the encouragement booπŸ’•πŸ’•

      Delete
  3. Babe. God knows I was looking forward to that day like is was my birthday. But Mehn life happens. Had to attend to something very important. After seeing all the pictures and insta stories I see I really missed out. But then babe your outfit was on point!!!!! So salma didn't show up? Thought she did because we planned to come together before I cancelled in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! Don't worry there will be other events and we will definitely see ourselves. πŸ’•πŸ’•

      Delete

Post a Comment

lizbelle94@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

IF THE WORLD WAS DIFFERENT || THE REVIEW

GirlsChat Series 5 || Girlfriend Vs Wife Duties

TMI TAG (TOO MUCH INFORMATION) 50 QUESTIONS