EVENT RECAP || ABUJA CREATIVES PICNIC

Hey Guys!

How's the week going? Productive I hope?

So this weekend, bloggers and content creators in Abuja had a picnic-like meet up at the millennium park and it was a wonderful meeting I must say. I was telling someone that the last time i was at the millennium park was about 12 years ago but the place still had that beautiful and serene ambience it is known for, it was a really nice atmosphere.



Before this idea came up, myself and moobib had a discussion immediately after the Kanga Fashion Festival last month about how Abuja bloggers need to meet up because honestly we have quite a number of us, we also discussed how we shoud meet up informally first just as a way of getting to know each other, and it was just as if Mimi was there during our conversation because the next day she put up a post on Instagram relating to that.



Long story short, we decided on meeting up last Saturday and I can say we were way more than 10 people present, and we're still more than that because some people couldn't make it. It was really nice and refreshing to come together with people of like minds to discuss and have fun. Mimi was nice enough to bring small chops for all of us,  and for some reason I don't know I didn't have any😧 I was so angry with myself because they looked delicious. It was as though everytime I thought of taking some, something will distract me and I will forget. I'm too sure that won't happen again.



 I had known and met some people there before like Princessaudu ,Moobib , Larisa and Vanessa , but I also got to meet new people like ifeoma of Lifestylebyjanet , mimi of Ramblings of mimi , Deka of Diary Of an Abuja mom , Omalicioustoyin who is a Vlogger,  Bisola of Trybedenoir. Someone was asking if it was only for ladies and I said no, we had Badmus who is also a creative and he's into photograpghy, filmaking etc, with us but we actually don't know any male bloggers here that's why, hopefully at our next meet up, there will be more guys. I left a bit early and I think some others joined after so apologies if I didn't include your nameπŸ™





We talked about a number of things ranging from blogging related matters of course like approaching and working with brands, collaborations, building a good following on social media ( I left at this point😣) , we also branched to other matters, the one I remember well was when Sarah showed us some workout moves that will give us the 'perfect' butt, I'm definitely trying those moves, in fact, Deka already started from the park which was very hilarious to watchπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.

Deka


Larisa



Overall, it was an amazing meet up, a perfect opportunity to network, everyone was real, nice and receptive , no forming at all! Shout out to everyone who was there you guys are wonderful people and big ups to Mimi especially for this initiative, we look forward to more of this.

So, you guys should watch out because the bloggers here in the capital city are not playing again, we have a lot of things lined up and in due time you'll see! πŸ˜‰

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Mide♡


Comments

  1. Nice write-up Mide. It actually covers everything for those of us (especially me) who didn't take any pictures. I hope there would be another meet up with more Abuja bloggers. That said TGIF baby...have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, hopefully you'll take pictures at our next meet up. Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your weekend hunπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

      Delete
  2. Lol girl really the workout moves, maybe its time for me to go back to them though and also blog about it too. You should gave stayed till the end, we took the chops home as they were so much. I had a great time too, here's to many more 😊
     Princess Audu 



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol please help us and post on those workout moves, we'll be waiting on it. I wished I stayed to by I had to do something really important. Thanks for reading hunπŸ’•πŸ’•

      Delete
  3. Don't know how I'm just seeing this lol. You're welcome hun and thanks for taking the time out to come and for this post too :-) Hopefully see you all soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mimi! We cant wait for the next meet up! ❤

      Delete
  4. Please when is the next one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Abosede! We haven't decided yet, but I'll keep you posted! Thanks for stopping byπŸ’•

      Delete
  5. As part of efforts to promote the entertainment industry, the Ibadan Jazz Forum (IJF) has continued to create a platform for young Jazz musicians to showcase their talent.
    The IJF Chairman, Prof. Kunle Odumosu, told newsmen on the sidelines of a jazz concert in Ibadan on Saturday, that the efforts of the forum were to ensure that the potentials of the artistes were fully harnessed.


    The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the concert, tagged ‘The Best of Ibadan City Jazz’, was organized by IJF in Ibadan.
    Odumosu, a retired professor, said that the forum had, in the last 15 years, created a platform for jazz musicians to showcase their talents.
    He recalled how he and his friends formed IJF several years back to promote jazz music and encourage young jazz musicians to showcase their talents.


    “The Ibadan Jazz Forum, as an entity itself, started about 15 years ago. But before then, we have been meeting and arranging shows.
    “The whole idea is to encourage young jazz musicians and also have more matured jazz listeners to meet once in a while. It is a way of showcasing their talents and encourage them,” he said.
    rushky

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

lizbelle94@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

IF THE WORLD WAS DIFFERENT || THE REVIEW

GirlsChat Series 5 || Girlfriend Vs Wife Duties

TMI TAG (TOO MUCH INFORMATION) 50 QUESTIONS