GirlSchat series 16 || 3 TV Series Every Girl Should be Hooked On

Hello Lovelies!

How are you today? Great I hope. Let me first say that I really appreciate everyone who reached out and checked on me last week, thank you so much I'm better now. For those who would have not didn't know, don't worry i know you have good intentions tooπŸ˜‰ so it's all good.

Having said that, I welcome you to another exciting Girlschat Thursday!
This week we'll be looking at movies. Yaaay! If you didn't know, I looove movies especially series and if you haven't checked out my post on the top 10 tv series, then you should defiitely check Here ! I can assure you that it's a good pick although I'd have to make another list soon.

Alright! For today's post, I have put together 3 TV series that I think that all ladies/women should be hooked on. Reason being that, there are some really powerful female characters that we could pick up a few lessons from. My love for these characters is not because they're flawless in terms of makeup and dressing (which by the way is definitely a plus!), but because despite their shortcomings in terms of relationships, family dramas, negativity, Gender bias etc, they didn't take their eyes away from the goal which is to stand out and be successful.

Here goes...

1) QUANTICO: I included this series on my top 10 because I absolutely love it. Priyanka Chopra who plays the role of Alex Parrish is a phenomenal actress and she was able to interprete her role very well. When I started watching Quantico, I was quite surprised because I had thought her acting was limited to Bollywood alone and I was a little but sceptical, but we have to always break out of our comfort zones right?



Now Alex being very good at what she does easily became a target for 'haters' and this is one thing that is peculiar to all the women I will be talking about today. This has made me realize that the stronger you get in terms of career and otherwise, the larger your 'frenemies' become.

Despite the fact that she was emotionally distraught with family issues and Ryan her boo, she was able to channel those emotions into becoming more powerful everyday. She did suffer a great deal for something she knew nothing about but something about the truth is that, it will always prevail no matter how long it takes. If you haven't started watching this series, you should ASAP!

2) SUITS: If you're a suits lover, you're probably wondering what this is doing in the list since it actually deals more with Mike and Harvey yeah? Not to worry, just relax and let me blow your mind.


 This Particular series has three women that I really admire; Donna, Jessica and Rachael in that order. ( I was too lazy to Google their real names sorryπŸ™ˆ) One thing common to all these women is strength. I have to give it to women, we are one very rare specie. A lot of things will shake these people and somehow despite having male counterparts, they are expected to fix it.

Donna had to be my favourite character in Suits. There is a lot of responsibility on her to take care of almost everything and truth is she never disappoints. Let us take into cognisance the fact that she has her personal issues like being in love with her boss who is also her friend, but she knows she can't have (haha!) Or the fact that she's already being mistaken for a superwoman so she just had to do it right.

Jessica on the other hand is just the perfect example of a boss ladyπŸ™Œ and even when her firm is being torn apart she has to keep a strong face and show the world that all is well in paradise. Rachael despite being in love with a fraud has to constantly prove that it doesn't define her standard and she's not just daddy's little girl who comes crying after every fall. These women all have their limitations but they come to work everyday with their beautiful dresses, shoes and deal with it! Another distinct thing about them is that they SUPPORT each other rather than tear each other down. It makes me also realize that the kind of people you surround yourself with really goes a long way in shaping who you eventually become. Still contemplating whether you need to see this series?

3) BEING MARY JANE: This Particular Series Just makes me happy. Apart from the fact there are some very wonderful actors and actresses in it, there's just this positive vibe I get when I watch Being Mary Jane. One thing that attracted me to it in the first place was the quotes they write at the beginning. I may or may not have taken a few and put on my instagram ( it's @mides_thoughts by the way😊).


Gabrielle Union who plays Mary-Jane Paul is just amazing! In her house she has all these sticky notes where she writes quotes that give her the boost she needs. She was the one that Influenced me to put up sticky notes in my makeshift blog planner . Mary-Jane is a very successful TV presenter but of course this comes with its own baggage as well.


As a black person, she faces challenges, as a black woman, she deals with all the sterotypical nonsense that comes with it. As the most successful person in her family, she constantly has to deal with that as well. Let's not even talk about the 'unmarried' factor and all the heartbreakers she comes across. Through it all, Mary-Jane doesnt relent in taking her rightful place as a power woman. Yeah Sometimes, she could be a little this and that, but the most important thing is how she deals with the situations rather than hide behind the 'weaker vessle' crap.

I know this is quite different from the norm but I strongly believe that you won't be wasting your time if you decide to check out these series. While everyone doesn't have the strength of a lion, we can keep striving till we become a standard.

Over to You...

Have you seen any of these series? What are your thoughts on them? What other 'Power' series would you recommend? I would love to know your thoughts.
P.s- Let's go over to Danie's blog  and see what she has for us today.

If you liked this post don't forget to like and share.😊

Mide♡

Comments

  1. I absolutely love these 3. Couldn't have made better choices...and I'm too lazy to type��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao baby boo, this would do too. I really appreciate you stopping by😚😚😚 don't be a strangerπŸ˜‰

      Delete
  2. OMG Mide you're just he best. this is the best thing I have read and related to anywhere in a while. Being Mary Jane fans put your hands up... MEEEEEEE!!!! I love MJ with all my heart almost like she's a real character. Good news January season 4 will be back and I can't wait. When I was watching being maryjane then it was a time in my life where I was growing #Gurl2Woman, facing real life, hurt, disappointment, pain just to name a few and I must say she was super relate-able. She has her own shortcomings tho but she's human, who doesn't. She's what every young girl today strives to be successful career, driven, kind, strong, loving, has her shit together, slaying hair and wardrobe, dream house and car, on top her game and if that's not inspiring enough, I don't know what else. Thanks to my friend temi for introducing me to this series, I even went back to watch season 3 over again. The quotes are just life and the soundtrack is everything. Just because of you, quantico and suits are next inline for me. I have serious phobia for trying new things and though my friends have been hyping quantico and it's all in my face, I haven't pressed that play button but after my exams, they will hear it. Another female character I adore is from the Good Wife, she's a strong woman who faces life's storms and remains unshaken. Cookie Lyon has to make my list- I don't have to say too much about her. TeamCookie. Thanks for sharing Mide. Glad you're feeling better now. We the fans misses you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Osheyyy fansπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ lol thanks my love. I totally forgot about cookie probably because I stopped watching empire but I absolutely love her too. I'm so glad you'll consider suits and Quantico, Don't forget to gist me when you start. I would also check out the good wife. Thank you for your constant support darl, love you muchos😚😚😚

      Delete
  3. Suits is an amazing series... Heard about quantico too.. Wasn't really interested.. Finished BMJ season one And was too angry to start the second season.. Currently seeing how to get away with murder... But then again the story line is becoming tiring and way too dark







    As seen on facebook: Amadioha loves ukazi soup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey favour, you should definitely continue seeing BMJ trust meπŸ˜‰ I'm also currently seeing How to get away with murder, yeah there's a lot of suspense and what not I agree. Thanks for reading love

      Delete
  4. Hi Mide,
    Glad to see your back! Funny enough, I haven't seen any OG these series but I love Priyanka so much and Gabrielle is bae. Will get them as soon as I can. I don't fancy series that much especially when the story is being prolonged. Started Empire, ditched it. Started Power, ditched it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyy Dammy! It's good to be back. I can tittaky relate to the "ditching" I also stopped seeing Empire😝 but you should definitely see these ones especially BMJ you'd be glad you didπŸ’•

      Delete
  5. Brief story of my life, I don't dig series. Shared it in a post recently. It's just so stressful. I'd rather watch when the whole movie is done and it'd be stale by then. Being Mary Jane is something I'd like to try because Gabrielle is bae in everywayy.
    My Favourite Movies of All Time +Fun Facts
    Www.laitanbee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I can relate but series are cool too, it's like they never end😊 and yes Gabrielle is bae!
      Thanks for reading loveπŸ’•

      Delete

Post a Comment

lizbelle94@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

IF THE WORLD WAS DIFFERENT || THE REVIEW

GirlsChat Series 5 || Girlfriend Vs Wife Duties

TMI TAG (TOO MUCH INFORMATION) 50 QUESTIONS