#Mondayinspiration || 10 THINGS TO LET GO FOR SPIRITUAL GROWTH

If there's anything I'm grateful for this year, it's knowing about the Youversion Bible app and the Common English Bible Version. You might be wondering why, well it's because one of my goals this year is to be closer to God on all levels, and the knowledge of these two has enhanced my spiritual growth a great deal. Funny thing is, I got to know about them through social media, so if you're still one of those that think social media is a bane to our existence, you better think again!



If you're familiar with the Youversion app, then you'd know they're famous for their different bible plans that help you in your walk with God. "10 things to abandon for spiritual growth" is one of such plans. After completing this plan, I made up my mind to write a post on it and share it with you!

 Don't worry I'm not about to go all pastor- mode on you guys, this is just to inspire and encourage you, because it's so relatable and helpful.

How was your weekend? Mine was okay but right now I'm preparing for my French exam, wish me luck guys!

Here goes;

1) Materialism: With all that King Solomon had, he still looked at them all and said "vanity upon vanity, all is vanity" so what exactly are we going up and down acquiring when we're not even acknowledging the one who gave them to us? Letting go of materialism will help us acknowledge God as the source of all that we have (James 1vs7). With that said, what are you doing with the little you have been blessed with? Are you blessing others or are you just looking for ways to multiply them? Materialism is a baggage, drop it!

2) Unhealthy Competition: Any kind of 'competition' that doesn't compel you to do better is unhealthy, because it is full of envy, jealousy and anger which will hinder your walk with God (Gen 4:3-5).
You πŸ‘ need πŸ‘ to πŸ‘ cut πŸ‘ it!
Instead of all that pent up envy, embrace healthy competition, frankly speaking, we all need some of that to help push us to that optimal level.

3) Jealousy: This is bad on all levels. Rather than concern yourself with whether or not you have the best shoes, clothes and those other stuffs than miss A, made your value on God's love for you and get caught up in that! Philippians 2 vs 3 says
"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory... let each esteem other better than themselves."
4) Drama: These days, there's drama everywhere! So you might say, 'oh, this one is going to be quite difficult' .
I can relate, but just like every other thing on this list,  it takes grace and a strong level of self discipline to do them. I once put up a post on instagram and it read "choose where your energy goes" and honestly this makes a lot of sense when it comes to letting go of drama in order to be in goodstanding with God. When we walk in the spirit, God gives us meaningful life tasks that we dont even have time for drama in our lives.



5) Gossip: "Let no Corrupt communication process out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers". (Eph 4:29)
Even I am guilty of gossip, but I've come to learn over time that involving yourself in all these petty and vain talks does nothing to build us up let alone others which is exactly what we should be doing.

6) Negative Thinking: If you know me well, you know I'm a 'Positive vibes only' advocate. Our relationship with God depends largely on the kind of thoughts we harbour. We're told to fill our minds with whatever is TRUE and RIGHT! I mean it can be pretty hard when everything is going the other way but we need to do everything to be of good cheer so that we don't miss out on the good stuff God has planned for us.

7) Worldly Anger: Yes there's something like worldly anger and the thing about it is that, it is a choice. Ephesians 4:26 has said rightly that "Be ye angry and SIN not, let not the sun go down on your wrath" Allowing sin to creep into your anger which you shouldn't allow the sun to go down on by the way, is very destructive. I bet you know that doesn't go down well with Abba.

8) Violence: When you allow your anger to grow, it reaches the stage of violence. We're being admonished to guard our hearts and turn away from all evil. Some things will shake us and make us really mad but we also need to learn the art of self control because, failure to do this makes you a prey to violence.

9) Fear: I once saw a quote somewhere that read "Fear is crippling" and in my mind I was like see, truer words have not been said! Fear will never give room for faith and without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God. Fear will hinder a man/woman from living the life God has intended for them. To let go of fear, you must understand who you are and who God is, he is our refuge. As God's children, we have not been given the spirit of fear but of power, of love and of a sound mind!

10) Laziness: One of my favourite passages in the bible is Proverbs 6:6 "Go to the ant, thou sluggard, consider her ways and be wise" I use it to ginger myself when I notice I'm beginning to slack, not because I'm a sluggard but because I know that laziness is not an option. The person who doesn't work will not eat, it's that simple.
You need to let go of laziness by finding what it is you love to do and do it with everything you've got.



I know this is a little different, but I really do hope that you were inspired by this post.

Over to You...

What thing(s) on this list do you struggle with, how do you overcome it? Let's talk in the comment section.

Have a fulfilling week ahead!

Mide♡


Comments

  1. I TOtally agree with all you said. We just let go of some things for us to grow. Thanks for sharing
    Tosin xx.
    www.tosinolaniyi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tosin, 😚😚

      Delete

Post a Comment

lizbelle94@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

IF THE WORLD WAS DIFFERENT || THE REVIEW

GirlsChat Series 5 || Girlfriend Vs Wife Duties

TMI TAG (TOO MUCH INFORMATION) 50 QUESTIONS