Get To Know Me More || My Skin Care Routine

Skin care wasn't something I always paid attention to. In fact up until my final year in Uni, I really didn't care, thank God for my friend Dupsey (feel free to check her blog for everything fashion and beauty related!) Who pushed me to start taking care of my skin. I call her my dermatologist. I realized later, that just a little pampering and care on the skin will make a lot of difference.



I also have a little case of an uneven skin tone, which my friend said I also need to attend to. I think I can say that it was at this point I had a sort of awakening, but you know sometimes, the old me comes up and I forget all about taking care of my skin until I have a really bad breakout or reaction. I'm not really someone that has pimples unless it's the 'time of the month' but I tend to always have these funny things on my face that I can't really explain, which is why I need to constantly pay attention to my skin.

Basically, this post is another opportunity to get personal with you guys and share my skincare routine with you and vice versa, as well as throw the ground open for suggestions on what to use and what not to use.

That said, my skincare routine is a very simple one, nothing complicated at all, and I have three basic steps in my routine which I'm sure quite a number of you are familiar with already. If you're are not familiar with these terms or you're yet to begin a skincare routine, well you're in luck, it's happy hour! (Get it?)

Here goes...

1) Exfoliating: Exfoliating helps in removing dead skin cells, impurities from the surface of your skin, and opens up your pores as well as unclog it. To exfoliate, I use Eden Apricot face and body scrub. I can't categorically tell you how much it is now because it's the family scrub and I don't know how much it was bought for. I doubt it's expensive though. Sometimes my sister and I also use this DIY scrub to exfoliate; It consists of Lemon, sugar, honey and milk. It's really nice too!



2) Cleansing: It helps to control access oil and make the skin look cleaner. I use Avon blemish clearing foaming cleanser. This is my second best skin care product. For a more sensitive skin, it might seem a bit harsh because of the 'minty' feeling it leaves on the skin, but this is one of the reasons I love it. I always feel like it's doing its job. I got this one for 2,500. I'm sure there are some fantastic less expensive ones, recommendations please?



3) Moisturize: This helps in making the skin moist and hydrated. I love this part of the whole routine! I use either shea butter or coconut oil depending on which one is available. I also Bio oil which is actually my favourite product. I've been using bio oil for some time now and it actually works. Apart from moisturizing, bio oil helps in clearing spots and stretch marks, it is also good for a dry skin. The one I use is the small size and yes it's a little bit pricey,  but I think it's very worth it, I got it for 1200.



Occasionally, I use Skineal when I have some of those annoying breakouts, but I heard it's not good to use it everyday so I don't besides, it brings a lot of heat so it's a no-no for now. I also use the Fair & white Savon Carrot Exfoliating soap for bathing, first of all, the smell is divine! Then, I'm a sucker for anything that has carrot in it, it's a pretty amazing soap too.




That's about it guys!

Over to You...

What's your skincare routine like? What products do you use? How do you think I can improve in my routine? I would love to know your thoughts.

P.s- I might update the routine as time as time goes on, so let me know what you think!
P.P.S- How's my flat lay game?πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

Mide♡

Comments

  1. Following a skin care routine has been an on and off thing for me and my skin needs help. But I'm not so patient to wait a long time for results. I'll try these products out though. Fingers crossed.


    Thestreethaute.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Collins! I can totally relate, but you just have to give it a little time. Thanks for reading! 😊😊

      Delete
  2. Everyone seems to be talking about skincare these days, sigh, it just serves as a constant reminder to me that I have to take better care. For now based on your post I only exfoliate and moisturise. I will try the soap you recommended though.


    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it's neccessary to take care of your skin, at least when you rememberπŸ˜† you'll like the soap, it's amazing. Thanks for reading dear😚

      Delete

Post a Comment

lizbelle94@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

IF THE WORLD WAS DIFFERENT || THE REVIEW

GirlsChat Series 5 || Girlfriend Vs Wife Duties

TMI TAG (TOO MUCH INFORMATION) 50 QUESTIONS